Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

• 1.  Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 11 days ago
    I am using an 'Office Template' (a .docx file) to export documents from Jama. I notice that a couple of elements of my template are not carried into the exported documents.

One is the Footers in my template. The template has a 'First Page Footer' that is a bit different from the Footer for the remainder of the document. See screen-shot:
    Image to show differences between my Template's 'First Page Footer' and the Footer for the subsequent bages

BUT, in an exported document, it appears that the 'First Page Footer' is ignored; the first page of my exported document has the same Footer as the subsequent pages. See screen-shot:
    Image showing that the first page of an Exported document does not have the 'First Page Footer' that the Template calls for.
    Also please notice the way that the footer appears to be "shifted" towards the right in the Exported doc compared to the design of the Template.

Another feature of my Template that seems to get ignored in the export is the page margin settings. Here is a screenshot showing the margins in my Template:
    Image showing page margins as set in my Template

Compare these margins to those in an Exported document:
    Image showing the margins in an exorted doc are not the same as those in the Template.

My version of Jama is "SaaS Enterprise Environment" and the browser I'm using is Firefox 72.0.1

------------------------------
    Ian Webb
    Enphase Energy, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 10 days ago
    Hi Ian:

Very well documented, thank you this will be very helpful to us. I have related your company to the defect where: Word exports don't respect saved settings in the template. The defect key is: SOS-DEF-4601, you can use this to check in the Release notes to see when it is fixed. The current workaround is: change the layout after the report is exported.

Ian, let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 10 days ago
    Chloe,
    Please relate our company to this defect as well.

Regards,

Steve Kay
    Hologic - Breast Health

• 4.  RE: Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 10 days ago

Steve, 

It is done, thank you for adding in!

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 10 days ago
    @Steve

Are you noticing the same behaviors as Ian, or are there some added ​scope to this defect in your case? I thank you in advance for any added information you may have.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 6.  RE: Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 10 days ago
    The specific issue is that templates in Landscape mode are being output as Portrait, causing our footers and tables to exceed the right margin.

Steve Kay
    Hologic - Breast Health

• 7.  RE: Features of a 'Custom Export Template' not exported properly

Posted 10 days ago
    Ok great, this is right within the scope we are currently looking at. Steve, thank you for your added information and confirmation.

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR