Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Jama API Global ID item/system

• 1.  Jama API Global ID item/system

Posted 02-13-2020 08:43
    Hello,

I am attempting to call the Jama API to post a new item while also setting the Global ID for that item. I seem to have the correct information for everything but I am receiving the following API response:

Error: 400 Client Error. Bad Request. API response message: Global ID cannot be updated - The item's Global ID prefix cannot be the same as the system's configured Global ID prefix

Does this mean I will have to ask the owner of my companies Jama settings to set the Jama item Global ID as something different?

------------------------------
    Mahalo,
    Emmit Parubrub

• 2.  RE: Jama API Global ID item/system

Posted 02-13-2020 09:09
    Edited by Emmit Parubrub 02-13-2020 09:09
    For more clarity on what I am attempting to do, I am trying to post a new item that syncs with another item that has already been created. For example if I have item 1 with GID-1, I'd like to add an item 2 with GID-1 so that they are synced.

Mahalo,
    Emmit Parubrub

• 3.  RE: Jama API Global ID item/system

Posted 02-13-2020 10:36
    Hi Emmit:

Are you doing the following: add a new item using the POST /items endpoint

THEN use POST /items/{id}/synceditems endpoint with the id of the new item to sync it.

Best,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 4.  RE: Jama API Global ID item/system

Posted 02-13-2020 11:19
    Edited by Emmit Parubrub 02-13-2020 11:24
    Hi Chloe,

Thank you for the quick response. I performed those calls and they sync my items but I am seeing that POST synceditems changes the global ID when I call it. For example when I call POST synceditems on item 1 (GID-1) and item 2 (GID-2), it changes both GIDs to GID-3. Is there a way to sync the items while keeping the previous global ID? This is unexpected to me because when I sync items on the user interface via a webbrowser*, it keeps the global ID of the original item. I would like to keep the previous ID for tracking purposes.

Mahalo,
    Emmit Parubrub

• 5.  RE: Jama API Global ID item/system

Posted 02-13-2020 13:38
    Edited by Emmit Parubrub 02-13-2020 13:38
    I figured it out, I just needed to reverse the order of the items in the API call.

Mahalo,
    Emmit Parubrub

• 6.  RE: Jama API Global ID item/system

Posted 02-13-2020 15:48
    Mahalo Emmit!

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR