------------------------------
Alicia Hilton
SPAWAR Atlantic
North Charleston SC

2.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-07-2017 14:27

Hi Alicia,
There isn't enough info here to start troubleshooting. Can you advise the following?

• What version of Jama you're using
  • What the error message said
    • If it had a link to more technical details, share that
  • Does this happen with every report you attempt to export? If not, there is likely a problem with the template.
  • Has your Jama been upgraded lately?

Kristina King
Jama Software

3.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-07-2017 15:09
Version 2015_2
Error message occurs when I export the document to either Excel or Word.  I have not had problems exporting other reports in our projects.
 The following is the error I received 'Cannot read property 'display' of null'

Alicia Hilton

4.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-07-2017 16:30
If this is just happening with one report, there is a problem with the template or the data you're trying to export. Can you attach the template you are attempting to make an export with, and I can check it over?
It is also possible you could encounter an issue exporting if the data has some special characters in it (such as an umlaut), but that is less likely.

Kristina King
Jama Software

5.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-09-2017 09:21
I am using the template that is located under the the export picklist, on the main screen.

Alicia Hilton

6.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-09-2017 13:21
Alicia, we need to see your copy of the template in order to troubleshoot.
You can download it via Export > Actions > Office Templates > Export to Word Default > Download Template.

Kristina King
Jama Software

7.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-09-2017 14:57
  |   view attached
Attached is a copy of the Roundtrip template

Alicia Hilton

Attachment(s)

xltx
RoundTrip (1).xltx   9K 1 version

8.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-09-2017 17:44
You mentioned the problem occurs when you choose the template under the export pick list. That menu would be pulling a file calledboilerplate.xls for Excel export, or boilerplate.doc(x) for Word. Do you have those templates showing up?
If so, I would recommend downloading them and reuploading them to your instance to see if that helps. (And if you don't see those templates, let me know).

Kristina King
Jama Software

9.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-11-2017 11:50
Those templates do not show up in the: "Office Templates Other Reports" pick list.

Alicia Hilton

10.  RE: Null error

Posted 08-11-2017 15:59

If those Default reports are not showing up, that would explain why you are failing at all attempts to export from the Export to Word or Export to Excel menu options. The question is...where did they go? They cannot be deleted from the UI.

Do you have Admin permissions? If so, can you check the Admin > Reports tab and share what that screen looks like? It'd be something like this:

If you don't have admin permissions, we need to get your admin involved in this issue.

Kristina King
Jama Software

11.  RE: Null error

Posted 30 days ago
  |   view attached
Hi, I do not have the following in the Report listing like your screen shot shows.  How can I get a copy to upload, is this possible?  The report names are:  "Export to Excel Default" and "Export to Word Default".  I have attached a screen shot.

Alicia Hilton

Attachment(s)

12.  RE: Null error

Posted 30 days ago
Ok, good to know, Alicia, thank you. I think the configurations for these reports were changed in the root administration screen. Can you log in as the root user, or loop in someone who can log in as root? The normal Org Admin screen doesn't allow reports that have been disabled to be renabled, and we can't just reupload it to make it work properly.

Below you can see the user logged in as Root go to Reports > Export to Excel Default > Edit:
We want to make sure that these reports are up to the following specifications, including the flag "Visible to Users" is checked.

I have also attached the default reports for Excel & Word so you can re-upload them here in Root, which would be good to try.

Kristina King
Jama Software

Attachment(s)

xls
Boilerplate.xls   25K 1 version
doc
Boilerplate.doc   37K 1 version

13.  RE: Null error

Posted 23 days ago
Hi Kristina!

I am the system admin for Alicia.

I have uploaded those files you provided and ensured they have the correct settings. When I export I can do so by first selecting an Office Template and then using the menu of available files. I can run it and the export is generated.

However, when I try to just select Export to Word or Export to Excel directly, I get a null error.

I have attached screenshots.

Best,

James

James Krych
GRSi
SC

14.  RE: Null error

Posted 23 days ago

Hi James,

Thanks for jumping in here. Can you check in the server to see if these reports are in the right [tomcat home]\webapps\contour\reports\officetemplate\ should have boilerplate.doc and boilerplate.xls. I'm not 100% convinced that reuploading them via root actually replaced them. Can you move the fresh files into that directory and restart Tomcat? Once it's restarted, will you attempt the export? If you get an error, can you open a ticket with support@jamasoftware.com and share the contour.log as well as the time you attempted the export? Creating a ticket will be the best way to escalate the situation.

Kristina King
Jama Software

15.  RE: Null error

Posted 17 days ago
Hi there!

I have uploaded the files to the /contour_home/reports/officetemplate/ folder.

The other path you mentioned does not exist.

I will restart Tomcat first thing in the morning to see if that works.

James

James Krych
GRSi
SC

16.  RE: Null error

Posted 16 days ago
Did not work.

Opening ticket.

James Krych
GRSi
SC

17.  RE: Null error

Posted 16 days ago
Will be delaying any action until after our hurricane status changes.

James

James Krych
GRSi
SC

18.  RE: Null error

Posted 12 days ago
Thanks, James. We'll see your ticket soon. I hope you're safe.

Kristina King
Jama Software

19.  RE: Null error

Posted 10 days ago
Hi!

Will be sending up the support ticket.

James

James Krych
GRSi
SC

20.  RE: Null error

Posted 10 days ago
Edited by Kristina King 10 days ago
Well now.

Getro Naissance (Jama Software Support)
Sep 13, 7:11 AM PDT
Hi James,
Thank you for contacting Jama Support.
The contract between your company and Jama specifies that we will be working with a list of a few specific contacts within your organization on all support requests. We do this for several reasons: to be certain that the person asking us for help is authorized by the application owners, to make sure that we aren't duplicating effort by working with two separate people on the same problem and to help the Jama Administrators enforce their local policies and standards.
As a result, we'll have to ask you to direct your request to one of these contacts within your organization:
[redacted]
Since we have pre-emptively cc'd these contacts on this ticket, should one of these contacts wish to take over your question please ask them to respond in this ticket. If they do so, we can proceed to work on your issue. You can still participate in the conversation in this case.
Alternatively, you may post questions to our Community. There you can also find how-to articles, advice for best practices and updates regarding our software.
I will mark this ticket solved, but a response from you or the Cc'd contact(s) will reopen the ticket so we can continue the conversation. In case you have questions or comments about this process, please let me know by responding.
Kind Regards,
Getro Naissance
Technical Support Engineer

James Krych
GRSi
SC