Support

Expand all | Collapse all

How to add additional Moderators to a Review

• 1.  How to add additional Moderators to a Review

Posted 08-07-2015 20:43
    Edited by Dana 06-30-2017 14:52

Only a Moderator can add other Moderators to the Review.

To add Moderators, go to the Review tab of Jama Software and select the Table button on the far right.

You will see a list of all your reviews and will be able to confirm your role either as a Moderator or as a Reviewer. 

Select the Update Moderators for this Review button next to the Review for which you want additional Moderators.

You will be able to search for the users and add them as Moderators by clicking their names in the left. They will automatically appear in the right.

In case you need to remove a Moderator, click the corresponding X on the list.

If you need to add Reviewers or Approvers to the Review, this can also be done through the Review's Table > Edit this Review button. 

This will open the Edit Review Wizard. 

In the Select Reviewers section, you will be able to add Reviewers. 

To set Approvers you need to select the Check icon corresponding to the user you want as an Approver. 

The green Check will indicate which Reviewers can provide approval or ask for a new revision.

• 2.  RE: How to add additional Moderators to a Review

Posted 11 days ago
    Hello,

The project admins get requests to add new moderators on existing reviews when the moderator is away.  The BSAs in our organization have access to most projects, they can edit the requirements and they can create new reviews so I don't think we need to restrict them from adding themselves as moderator on someone else's review. Is there a way we can allow a particular user group, other than admins, to add new moderators?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Robena Sukhu
    Sun Life Financial
    ON
    416-496-5456

• 3.  RE: How to add additional Moderators to a Review

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Robena,

Thank you for reaching out! Their ability to add new moderators to a Review would depend on their Permissions. Here is a helpful Permissions by License Type Chart.

I just tested some testing by logging in with a Reviewer license. With that account, I was able to add a Moderator (in the Review Center List View.) However, I only saw the Reviews I'd been added to.

Note, there was a recent announcement about new Admin Roles that are coming out in 8.60 and 8.61:
    New Admin Roles and User Visibility Controls

This may help you choose different roles for your User Group to give them a bit more control. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Decoteau Wilkerson
    Jama Software
    OR

• 4.  RE: How to add additional Moderators to a Review

Posted 5 days ago
    Hello Decoteau,

Thank you for the details provided.  The issue is that we would like the users to added themselves as moderators on reviews that the were not initially included in.  With the new admin roles, I am hoping the user will be able to change the moderators for any project within the folder they have project admin rights to. It wasn't quite clear in the communication so I will have to test this out when it is rolled out to all consumers.

Thank you.

Robena Sukhu
    Sun Life Financial
    ON
    416-496-5456