Release Notes and Announcements

Expand all | Collapse all

Creation of Trash component to avoid user error

• 1.  Creation of Trash component to avoid user error

Posted 06-30-2021 05:39
    I have found it to be best practice when using ALM to create a trash folder in each area of the product so users instead of deleting items drag the items to the trash.  In JAMA, it looks like this can be done by component with each item used for trash.  What is the best practice to avoid user issues with deletion of items as there is no undo?

------------------------------
    Greg Bornstein
    Huntingdon Valley PA

• 2.  RE: Creation of Trash component to avoid user error

Posted 06-30-2021 05:46
    You can undo a deletion in Jama. Search and find in the activity stream the deletion, there is a hyperlink supporting to restore that item. This is transparent in the version history of the item.

Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Frequentis AG

• 3.  RE: Creation of Trash component to avoid user error

Posted 07-01-2021 06:58
    As Harald said, there is an undo option.
    You can also configure that non-admin-users are not allowed to delete items.
    We have configured our system this way, move trashable items into such a "Trash-Bin" and do a clean-up by the administrators once in a while.

Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 4.  RE: Creation of Trash component to avoid user error

Posted 07-01-2021 21:07
    Hi Anna,

I did not know that such an option existed i.e. "Configure Jama where non-admin-users are not allowed to delete items". This is most-likely because we are Cloud customers.

@Carmen/ @Kristina,  do you know if Jama can help configure this for our instance?

Thanks,
    Devang
    ​​​

Devang Sanghrajka

• 5.  RE: Creation of Trash component to avoid user error

Posted 07-02-2021 04:24
    Hi Devang,

This setting exists in the system root view (see here for self-hosted instances). In order to change this in a cloud instance, a request needs to be raised with Support. Please let me know if you'd like me to open a support ticket for you, to change this option.

Thanks,

Carmen Santos
    Jama Software