Support

Expand all | Collapse all

Date/Version when suspect was set

• 1.  Date/Version when suspect was set

Posted 11-21-2019 06:21
    Hi Guys,
    is there an update to suspect post?
    We are faced with the problem that we have a lot of suspect relationships between specification and verification items and our testers want to know if their tests are still valid for the requirements.
    So is there ANY technical solution how we can identify the version of the requirement (upstream item) when the suspect flag was set?
    For the testruns it works (in velocity) with getTestCaseVersionNumber() but for regular relationships I could not find any suitable solution.
    This really bothers us because it causes a lot of work.

------------------------------
    Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 2.  RE: Date/Version when suspect was set

Posted 11-21-2019 10:43
    Sebastian:

Unfortunately, I do not have any new information on this functionality. Could you add this use-case to the Product Idea thread you just linked and in it could you describe what extra work this causes for your team? And I will dig, and come back to this thread if I find anything new.

Thank you Sebastian,

Chloe Elliott
    Jama Software
    Portland OR

• 3.  RE: Date/Version when suspect was set

Posted 12-04-2019 09:37
    Yes! This will be a problem for us too.

The only help I've found is to search the project Activity Stream for "suspect." This will bring up events like "Suspect changed to: "false" from "true""​, and the event information includes a date. Then you need to match the date with the requirement version in the version history widget. I have investigated getting this information through the EventLogDao and EventEntry in Velocity, but I don't think I finished. If you decide to try this and are successful, I'd love to know about it.

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States

• 4.  RE: Date/Version when suspect was set

Posted 12-05-2019 01:22
    We had the same problem here.
    We have not been able to solve this through what Jama offers, but have written a velocity report that evaluates the traces between items and circles back in the versions of the items to check if a test was "valid" at a certain date.
    We use this when creating our testreports - if this would be a feasible workaround I would check if I can extract that from our velocity code...

Anna

Anna Henke
    MeVis BreastCare GmbH & Co. KG

• 5.  RE: Date/Version when suspect was set

Posted 12-05-2019 03:36
    Hi @Anna,
    for Testcases this works perfect because each TestRun item has a field TestCaseVersion.
    But for regular items (like system requirements), this field does not exist and even the workaround @Theresa​​ mentioned does only show when the suspect was cleared (to: false from: true), not the other way round.
    I will check on the EventLogDao etc if there is a possibility.
    Thank you so far.

@Chloe
    Our use case is that our tester have testscripts/testcases linked to system requirements.
    If somebody changes the system requirement, the tester must check if his script is still valid, so he/she must know what change of the upstream item caused the suspect.
    Right now the only thing I see is that a relationship IS suspect, not when. So it is possible that it was set 1 day ago or half a year ago.​

Sebastian
    Requirements Engineer
    Sick AG

• 6.  RE: Date/Version when suspect was set

Posted 12-05-2019 09:03
    Hi @Anna - I think we want to do something a bit different in Velocity, so I don't need to see your code. Thanks for the offer though!​

Sebastian - (I would @ you but there are several with the same name and I can't tell which one you are :>). What you say about the date is true, but it at least gives you a boundary. We know that the change that triggered the suspect flag happened since the last time the flag was cleared. You can use the comparison tool in the Versions widget to compare the current version to the version that was current when the flag was cleared. That will show you all of the changes that MIGHT have set the suspect flag.

Also, have you looked in the Admin section to see which fields trigger the suspect flag for your requirements item type? That can further narrow the search for "what set the suspect flag". In our implementation only the Description field contributes to Suspect.

Theresa
    Fujifilm SonoSite
    WA United States