Developers: REST API, BIRT, Velocity

Articles

• Jama’s on premises customers have long been able to develop their own custom reports, but until now hosted customers have been required to have a services engagement if they want to upload their own reports. However, if you are a hosted customer...

• We updated the Velocity reporting engine to version 1.7 in Jama 8.10. With this change we have identified one potential issue so far. Custom Velocity reports using macros will need to be modified to function correctly. In Jama 8.8 and prior, it was...

• 8.10 REST announcements URL enforcement A recent library upgrade provides tougher enforcement of valid URLs. Prior to 8.10, the system would ignore multiple successive “/“ within a URL that may be the result of concatenation....

• Note that user-created Velocity reports can be uploaded to on-premises versions of Jama only. Hosted customers should contact their account owner for more information about writing reports. It is possible to generate context-sensitive reports ...

• Report Parameters (or Criteria ) allow user-defined values to be passed in to a report. An example scenario is to allow users to choose a specific Release or Test Plan to report on. Available parameter types can be found at http://help.jamasoftware.com/report_parameters.htm...

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Children Items

Ana, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with Jama, though, so I'm not sure what resources to point your towards. I cannot glean if you want to update the hierarchy in Jama (change the children), or if the items have been updated in Jama...

• Profile Picture

Thanks for the reply Kristina. Actually, I would like to try both to understand better and then I can decide what is the best to use. Ana ------------------------------ Anastasia Bloom ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

Hi Anastasia, First, welcome to the community and to using Jama. Second, can I clarify what your goals and needs are? Are you going to be writing a script to update items in Jama? or Are you trying to get information out of Jama so that...

• Profile Picture

Children Items

Hi, Firstly I have to tell that I am a newbie in Jama so I need help. I have an Excel file that I have exported from Jama which contains all fields: Heading, ID, API ID, Description etc. What my role consists is to add to this file all items that...

• Thanks Jason, Grabbing the version off the login page seems like a reasonable solution, especially if the class name "j-login-version-number" remains consistent across versions. I hadn't thought of that and appreciate the suggestion. Mike ------------------------------...

Current Members
59 Members
Hidden Member
Hidden Member