How Does the Test Run is Out Sync with Test Case Work?

Jason Barton
Jason Barton Member, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI), Jama Validation Kit (JVK) + Functional Safety Kit (FSK) Posts: 19

Hello,

We are looking for a way to confirm that all our latest test runs are in sync with our test case. We want to avoid the scenario where a test case shows as passed, but it has been modified after the latest test run? Anyone aware of such a report? The test case still states a status of passed even though it has been edited? It would be nice if when we changed a test case the test case status changed

I don't believe necessarily comparing the latest run's modified date or last activity date against the test case date is full proof, as Jama still permits a tester to run a test run even if it out of sync. We'd like to think tester would look for that little indicator that states it is out of sync before running, but there is a chance the tester could run the test run and update it as passed and the test run is still out of sync.

It would be great if the below variable indicating the test run is out sync were an option in Jama filter, but I am also curious how this is determined. It appears to be using versions and not anything related to dates…. Any ideas if we can recreate this via filter, report, API???

Comments

• Jason Barton
    Jason Barton Member, Jama Connect Interchange™ (JCI), Jama Validation Kit (JVK) + Functional Safety Kit (FSK) Posts: 19

I think I found a possible solution via API, but if there is an easier way to get the information above via a filter or report, please let me know