Allow Sorting In Review Center

Bolling Starke
edited November 2018 in
Our organization leverages Review Center extensively (5+ reviews to our customer each month), and a source of constant pain is the inability to organize items by anything other than the sort order of the explorer tree. We love the ability to send a Jama filter to Review Center for review but are always disappointed that the sort order of the filter is not retained when it gets there.

If it were easy to organize mixed item types in the explorer tree, this would not be nearly as much of an issue. Because Jama enforces items to exist in sets and sets must exist sequentially in the explorer tree, there is no easy way to display mixed item types in Review Center. We really wish all item types were treated more like the text item type.

USE CASE: We use an Agile methodology for our project and deliver Concepts --> Epics --> Validations --> Test Runs to our customer via review center. Let's say we just wanted to show just Epics --> Validations in the review for simplicity. If we wanted to show 5 epics with 15 validations in a review the customer will be forced to view each epic sequentially, then every validation sequentially and it is hard to trace relationships. there is no way to order them in a mixed fashion (i.e. review epic 1, review validations 1-3, review epic 2, review validations 4-8, etc.) and we believe this is a major flaw of the feature.

NOTE: I'm aware the related items links will allow you to review linked items in a small pop up window. This is not sufficient as our customer wants to be able to review and provide specific commentary on each item being released.

Comments

• Justin Sterkel
    edited November 2018
    I agree wholeheartedly!

This is the #1 thing I would like to see changed with Jama.  Our organization has created approximately 3500 reviews in the past year.  The reason this number is so high is because we send one review for EACH user story, because of this issue.

Our use case is very similar to this example, but at the user story level instead of the epic level.

The tool is not conforming to our business process. Our users could be more efficient if Jama allowed customized sorting of mixed item types in review center.

• Robena Sukhu
    edited December 2018
    We would also like the ability to sort the "Moderator" column on Review Centre Table view.  This is especially useful when we need to support projects for peers that are away on unplanned leaves and we do not know the project names.
    Robena Sukhu
    Sun Life Financial
    ON
    416-496-5456