Approval/Review Signature Reports?

Jennifer Leitch
edited October 2016 in
Hello! We are spinning up more auditing of projects within Jama, specifically checking to ensure the appropriate people are approving items in Jama, and that all items are approved with a Signature in review center. Right now, the review is done by going step by step through the Baseline, checking the items and the signatures. This gets cumbersome when dealing with a project with 2000+ requirements and a LOT of reviews to all sorts of various teams.

Is there a report I'm missing that would show a list of the items and if it was approved and signed off on, and who provided the signature(s)? I'm working on creating such in our OnPrem instance with SQL, but figured I would check before reinventing the wheel :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Shawnna Williams
    edited October 2016
    Hi Jennifer - Have you tried the Review Center reports we have on the community? The Review Center Stats report has information on it (and I believe it comes with Jama) and there might be something on the community that has this information. Otherwise, a custom report would be the best way to go (either you develop it or we do). 

Hope that points you in the right direction.
    Shawnna
  • Jennifer,

we are facing the same (or at least similar) challenge now.
    Would you be interested in exchanging some Best Practices?

Thank you,
    Anna
  • Hello!

We ended up creating a SQL query to pull the information we wanted. We do intend on converting it into a report within Jama, but at this point, we aren't quite up to speed on BIRT/Velocity. I did go out to the Jama office (hey folks!!)at the end of October and learn quite a bit about the reporting, but then had a lengthy leave of absence after :) Now that I'm back, I plan to do some more work on the reporting. I do most of the SQL queries for our on-prem installation of Jama.

The "report" we came up within SQL has three separate queries right now:

Query 1: Identify all of the Business Requirements and Test Cases within the Project (we don't currently use Epics, or the other items with our configuration. The query pulls the distinct document key, the created date, modified date, name, and status.

Query 2: Identify all the test runs and test cycles they are associated with. We pull the same - document key, created date, modified date, test run name, test cycle name, and test run status.

Query 3: This one pulls the review information based. The columns are document key, name (of the item), the review name, the revision number, signature comments, signature date, and name of the approver who provided the signature.

The results of each query are placed into an Excel sheet within one Excel document.

We run these on demand, and provide to the users (either internal audit or the project manager generally), and they will do the comparison work between the three sheets of results. This allows them to see what may have not been signed off on, so they can go pursue the appropriate approvals.

This is meeting our needs right now, but hopefully we will streamline and get this into a report within Jama. :)

Thanks!

• Per Ekvall
    edited March 2022

The same problem. 

It would be nice to just retrieve a report on an item or a list of items with electronic signatures per Item. The review center isn't easy to see in which reviews a specific item was signed in, then you must go by baseline or history. If you didn't participate in the review you can't generate the report on that review.
    What I want is an all item details report with a signature on the same report. Including history and a footnote "uncontrolled copy" and the steps in a table.