Location option for sub filters

Kyle Quan
edited February 2022 in
In the top level filter it is possible to isolate based on locations. 

But not while working in a sub filter for something like upstream traces.

It would be useful to allow for location selection in these sub filters in order to choose a folder. I may want to see if a software requirement leads up to a system requirement in a particular area but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for so the ability to cast a broad net, but not use the entire project, is helpful.

Comments

• Carly Rossi
    edited February 2022
    Hi Kyle, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I believe this aligns with the user-submitted Ideation card titled "Add Location to Embedded Filter" (which was added to the Long-Term Roadmap). I'd encourage you to check it out and, if that is accurate, feel free to add a comment with any additional feedback you'd like to share with our Product team! 

As background, Ideation cards highlight user feedback to our Product Team for review and consideration against other Product Roadmap items, and enables a method for other customers/users to weigh in and adds their response(s) to submitted Ideation cards (you can also review our Product Idea Process in the Ideation Module here).
    Carly Rossi // she/her/hers
    Community Program Manager // Jama Software
    Portland, OR
  • Ian Webb
    edited February 2022
    Good luck getting any traction with this request. I've been banging on about the deficiencies of embedded filters for a good long time now. I made this specific request back in 2017: Add "Location" to Embedded Filter

As long as I'm back on this quixotic mission, I might as well return to what I think the real solution should be: Should be able to nest Filters

Seriously: I wish you the best of luck with this!