Modify the date format in the office word template [office+template+date+format]

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in
I have a word office template which captures details such as «runDate», «createdDate»  and «modifiedDate». However, the date format is in m/d/yyyy. I would like the report to display it in dd-mmm-yyy [e.g. 03-May-2016]. How do I achieve?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 161
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Moses,

I don't know whether you have access to your system admin (root). According to the system admin user guide. Another possible work-around (but I have not tried this) is to apply a Microsoft Word style or post-processing Word VBA macro to achieve the right style. Good luck.

This feature requires user to be logged in as System Admin (root).

Jama can be configured to show dates and times in the format your users expect.

Set Date Time Format

1.Select the System Properties tab and then the General Properties tab.
    2.Click the Edit button.
    3.Enter the desired date time format.
    4.Click on Save.

Note: Java and JavaScript do not use the same date time syntax so please review a reference prior to setting the values or contact Jama Support for help.

java time and date

Example formatting•Java Date Format

Example Java Formats

Result

yyyy.MM.dd G 'at' HH:mm:ss z

2001.07.04 AD at 12:08:56 PDT

h:mm a

12:08 PM

yyyyy.MMMMM.dd GGG hh:mm aaa

02001.July.04 AD 12:08 PM

EEE, d MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss Z

Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:08:56 -0700

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 160
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Moses,

Swoo is correct. If you login to Root > System Properties > General Properties and change the date format to desired DD/MM/YYYY, the exported date fields will reflect the format change. Please keep in mind that it will not export the months in abbreviated text (e.g. JAN or FEB).

Regards,
    Paul
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Paul,
    Changing the date format throughout the organization would not be an option for us. As we have teams working on different time zones where the date formats vary.

We would like Jama to take this as an enhancement to allow users to set their own preferences based on the timezone they work from. OR even allow the worded form of month. That way we need not worry whether the month comes first or the date. I should be able to view the date format the way I would prefer rather than the Admin control it. If not, the office reports should be tweaked to accommodate this. 

Plus we are on Jama hosted service. So, not much customization is possible by us I guess.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Moses
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 160
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Moses,

Aha, thank you for clarifying your situation. I have changed this post to an Idea so it will be visible to our Product team. Thanks for providing your use case!

Additionally, I will have a colleague follow-up here regarding exporting date formats for reporting purposes.

Regards,
    Paul
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Moses,

The only real option here with our current hosted platform would be a custom report to manipulate these dates.  While I agree that allowing users to set their own preferences (and having those preferences carry on into reports) would be ideal, it's unfortunately just not something we're not able to support at this time.

However, you could reach out to your Account Manger to discuss the feasibility of working with our Services team to create a custom report for your instance.  A Velocity or BIRT report should allow the manipulation of dates into a format you desire, but since it requires a bit of custom work, our Services team would need to assist you in the creation of such a report.

Cheers,
    Nicholas