There needs to be a quick way to see "out of sync items" in the UI

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 64
edited September 2016 in
In previous versions of Jama (Contour back then) a sync was a type of relationship (my memory is a bit fuzzy here). The "Sync Items"  page had an option to display out of sync items, which we used a lot.

Drilling down for us was painful as sync'ed items could be heavily nested & multiply by many items caused an admin overhead.

Please bring back the "display out of sync items" button.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Finding "Out of Sync" items.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm going to branch this off into its own Idea, George. I'm not sure why we removed that function.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Being able to filter on "Out of Sync" would be hugely useful. It would also be nice if the little blue sync icon on the items in explorer would maybe turn red when the item is out of sync. I am now going through each item 1 at a time and it is a huge productivity loss.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I batched update my User Needs and Design Inputs as Active, now I have 300 test cases that show suspect items. It would have been nice if Batch update to clear suspect items.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oh my, this is such a great idea! I've struggled so much with this, even so much that many times I would've actually needed to sync something, I haven't done it because I know it's impossible to keep them in sync. 

Now that I think about it, this is actually quite a critical improvement I could use and I believe so would many others.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Once this feature was lost, we stopped using synced items as the overhead was too much. We had to take the hit on one project as it's structure used synced items heavily.

This issue was highlighted using the old support site, but I can't find a reference to it. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The old support forum is locked down to just Jama employees...so it is still visible to our various steams. I wasn't aware that the removal of this function prompted you to stop using synced items, though. That's really a bummer.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Our workflow for synced items involved syncing individual items from multiple locations in the project tree. Without a "should all out-of-sync" option the maintenance overhead of searching through the tree became too great.

The current implementation/features for synced items feels like it's more geared towards syncing folders/sets/components at higher levels in the project tree. I can see this being very useful for workflow that can make use of it.
  • Scott Holland
    Scott Holland Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is a real issue for us too. We've reused individual items from a number of components into a new component. The only way I can see if these are out of sync is by viewing them one by one which is taking a huge amount of time. It looks like we're going to have to abandon using the "reuse" function too
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks for commenting, Scott. I'm not sure when/if we plan on changing the Sync functionality, so I'll bring this up at our next roadmap meeting.
  • Scott Holland
    Scott Holland Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks Kristina - even a down and dirty option in the "filter" functionality to pull up items across the whole project which are out of sync would be really useful
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, Scott, but have you tried the Sync Status report for this? If you're using an on-premises Jama you can install it yourself; if you're on our hosted environment, we can install it with a Support ticket.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I agree that there should be some sort of configurable notification for this condition. It's too easy to miss this unless you're looking specifically for it. Thanks for suggesting that, Devang.
  • John Sarafin
    John Sarafin Member Posts: 53
    Options

Yes....there needs to be a better view for verifying if items are in sync'd or not.  The filter option is a great idea.

------------------------------
    John Sarafin
    UPS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-26-2015 14:23
    Subject: There needs to be a quick way to see "out of sync items" in the UI

In previous versions of Jama (Contour back then) a sync was a type of relationship (my memory is a bit fuzzy here). The "Sync Items"  page had an option to display out of sync items, which we used a lot.

Drilling down for us was painful as sync'ed items could be heavily nested & multiply by many items caused an admin overhead.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Finding "Out of Sync" items.

• Jessica Monk
    Jessica Monk Member Posts: 7
    Options

100% agree. The filter option would be just fine for this. Ran into that situation this morning, found several out of sync items this morning while looking at other things out of sheer coincidence.

Jessica M.
    Electronic Theatre Controls
    Original Message:
    Sent: 12-01-2016 10:42

Yes....there needs to be a better view for verifying if items are in sync'd or not.  The filter option is a great idea.

John Sarafin
    UPS
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-26-2015 14:23