Filter items by status

Options
Morten Proschowsky
Morten Proschowsky Member Posts: 8
edited August 2016 in
When viewing requirements I can choose 'Filter items' and select to filter by 'item type' 'author' 'direct coverage' and 'last modified'. Is it possible to add 'status' to the list of filters?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 160
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is a common request and something we'd definitely like to do when we get back to working on filters.  Thanks for the reminder!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hey Morten,

I heard back from a product manager about this request. As Alex points out, this is a common request. However, it is much more complex than the other facets we currently have in the list view filtering. For example, admins can customize status field options, whereas "created by"" or date fields cannot be changed. Additionally, status values aren’t necessarily shared across item types either. For example, if you have two different types of status pick lists—one for bugs with “new” “fixed” and one for stories with “new” “building” “testing” “shipped"—would you expect there to be a separate section for story status vs. bug status? Or would you want to consolidate all choices in one list? 
  • Morten Proschowsky
    Morten Proschowsky Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2016
    Options
    For us, a consolidated list would be fine. 

We use the filters go get an quick overview of a set or folder, where the status would be very welcome. E.g. lits new bugs from the last week or all draft requirements in a folder.
  • Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Harald Hotz-Behofsits Member Posts: 159
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You can filter by keyword. Just Type status:draft.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Good call, Harald—the keyword field is a great workaround.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I wish to refresh this request.  
    I saw the below reply with status:draft and that worked, but not everyone will get here.  Maybe put that in the documentation somewhere.