Product Idea

Expand all | Collapse all

Restore function for deleted Test plan, test cycle and test run

• 1.  Restore function for deleted Test plan, test cycle and test run

Posted 07-23-2019 02:49
    ​Hi,

We notice, Jama does not have any mechanism to prevent users' fehler from unintendedly deleting test plan, test cycle with all test results.

Unfortunately that exactly just happened to us. A Tester has just accidentially deleted a test cycle with critical test result.

We are looking for the way to restore this test cycle with the assossicated test result. Parallel I would like to submit a Feature request:
    Jama shall provide the restore function to deleted test plan, test cycle as well as test run.

Additionally a possible System lock for test plan and test cycle would be great to prevent such unintented deletion of testing result data.

------------------------------
    Lien Bäcker
    Gira, Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: Restore function for deleted Test plan, test cycle and test run

Posted 12-07-2020 07:41
    Hello,

Same for me, an user clicked on the 'Make test run current'. Is there a way to restore the deleted TST-RUN ?
    It is surprising that you can't revert such change.

Yes, system locks on finalized ( Pass/Fail/Blocked) will prevent such issue.
    Also, same for test cycle a status and a workflow could be also a feature to prevent such error.

Thank you
    Best regards.

Fabrice

• 3.  RE: Restore function for deleted Test plan, test cycle and test run

Posted 12-07-2020 23:34
    Hi all,

we have occasionally the same issue. My - only partial - solution is to baseline all that stuff.

About "make test run current" -> I have written a VTL report to show the content of all "involved" Test Runs : get Test Run -> get Test Case -> get all test Runs (deleted too). In such a way the user clicking by accident on "make test run current" can retrieve the deleted stuff (from field "actual result", e.g.).

Lien,
    why don't you submit the feature request? I am going to "like it".

Best regards,

Alessandro
    Systems Engineer
    SICK AG