Reuse and mirror relationships should retain folder structure of mirrored items

Options
I have a generic specification that I often reuse (and sync) into new projects. There are a few dozen requirements, organized into folders. There are also a set of folder-organized verification artifacts linked downstream of the requirements in a many-to-many relationship (i.e. a requirement may link to multiple verification artifacts, and a verification artifact may link to many requirements.

When I re-use with the option below, I get new copies of both the requirements and their downstream verification items, just like I want. And the folder structure of the requirements is retained. Unfortunately, the folder structure for the downstream verification items is blown away and I just get a flat list. 

During the reuse, I want the folder structure of the mirrored relationships to be retained as well so I don't have to manually organize them later.

Comments

• Luigi Salce
    Luigi Salce Member, Data Exchange Posts: 7
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Agreed, this is very frustrating as we would need this functionality as well. We are seeing that re-using functional requirements, that have downstream validations, are losing the folder and hierarchy structure of the validations and they are coming in as an unorganized flat list. 

Is there a work around for this? @Kristina @Harald
  • Harald Hotz-Behofsits
    Harald Hotz-Behofsits Member Posts: 159
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would put all these different items into a package, then reuse the package. Have not tried that, but I am sure that should do it.