Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi,

We'd like to revisit this issue, if possible. Can we have the item's comments in a review merged with the item's comments stream?

It sounds like a permissions issue may be in the way, as the people who have access to view an item may not have access to the review. However, as George points out, this is an artificial obstacle and shouldn't be there in the first place. I think making the item's Review Comments visible in the item's comment stream is a neat(er) way of resolving the issue of making all past reviews public. It actually preserves the permissions better in my opinion.

In theory, if you have permissions to view an item you should have permission to view all of the activity/commentary on that item, wherever it may live (Review Center, Stream or just the item change notifications). This seems acceptable to me, but I'm open to any alternative views on this. 

Forcing people to click through a review link to a review that may or may not have a comment on an item seems like a roundabout way of collecting the needed information. I think we'd all prefer to see the information displayed in one place.

Should I file this as a new feature request?

Thanks,

Ed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No, Ed, I'll change this to an Idea since there is a lot of good context from everyone.

I hear you, though, on all this. It seems like approaching this from a fresh perspective rather than pointing to the "artificial obstacles" makes the most sense.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Business Analyst Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Has there  been any progress on this?

It's an idea that would provide a lot of value to us as being able to see the full comments history of items in one place is currently not possible and requires hunting around and asking others.  New team members joining not being able to see history; having to hunt through closed and archived reviews; users not having access to reviews - makes it a pain to see the comments and decision trail for items.

It'd be a whole lot simpler if all comments were available on the item itself regardless of the status for associated reviews.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 911
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi @Gavin,
    Adding review comments to items is not something that we have committed to the short-term roadmap, although it is something that we have been exploring. If we decide to tackle this, you will likely see one of our Product Managers hop in this thread and ask for more details!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 14
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I wanted to chime in here to say that all users here have been requesting the same feature.  Looking at item comment history is much more difficult than I anticipated it would be with Jama. The whole solution of quickly finding the answer to "Why did we do it that way?" is not very quick at all with the current implementation.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Angela,
    as you said, when following the review reference hyperlink in the Activity widget, a panel opens with the item related comments made during the review. Nice (even if a would have preferred comments merge as suggested by several times in this post).

May I suggest extra to add also an hyperlink to the review itself (in the activity or the consecutive panel)?
    This would help to trace the context.
    Today, I need to copy the review key word (REV-186 v1), open any review and modify the URL with REV-186,V1 to get to it.
    Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    Actually, the Item Activity widget documents the review only at Review closure.

Could we have a "This item was reviewed in REV-xxx" statement at each new revision publication of the review?

This is needed in case of rolling review strategy since the review is never closed.
    For a given Item, it's activity panel would then display several of those statements till the moment it gets out of the review scope.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 49
    edited October 2019
    Options
    +1

-
    Sven Schmidberger
    Irdeto

------Original Message------

Hi,
    Actually, the Item Activity widget documents the review only at Review closure.

Could we have a "This item was reviewed in REV-xxx" statement at each new revision publication of the review?

This is needed in case of rolling review strategy since the review is never closed.
    For a given Item, it's activity panel would then display several of those statements till the moment it gets out of the review scope.

Thanks