The Best Ways to Configure Jama Connect for Complex Project Traceability

Hello Everyone,

I'm utilising Jama Connect for a large-scale project, and I'm searching for tips on how to build up traceability as effectively and scalable as possible. Several teams from different disciplines—such as software development, systems engineering, and regulatory compliance—are working on our project, and each team is generating a variety of artefacts.

Here are some of the main obstacles we must overcome:

Handling Inter-Disciplinary Collaborations: Because artefacts are various, it can be challenging to create traceability between software specifications, regulatory requirements, and systems requirements.

Maintaining equilibrium Level of Detail: We are attempting to achieve the ideal mix between meticulous traceability and a minimal amount of process complexity. How can the right amount of information about traceability relationships be determined without overly complicating the system?

Maintaining Uniformity Throughout Teams: Maintaining uniformity in the traceability setup is difficult when there are several teams engaged. Does anyone know of any templates or best practices for standardising this process between various teams and domains?
Managing Management of Change: How do you effectively maintain and update traceability as requirements change or new artefacts are added, considering the dynamic nature of our project?

I'd be interested in learning how other people have used Jama Connect to set up traceability for intricate, multi-team projects.

• Are there any particular Jama features that have been very useful in handling this?
  • Would you suggest any plugins, best practices, or customisations to make the process more efficient?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

Ellissnowflake